Thursday, June 14, 2007

Dancing in True Colors!

Guess where I went tonight?
I got to see the True Colors Tour when it came through town!

Deborah Harry is an icon and has a new album coming out in August. I didn't know any of the new songs but they sounded great.
Erasure is one of my favorite dance bands from the 80's and today. Such a nice sound. *and no, their songs don't sound alike Trixie, similar yes, but not alike*
We got up and danced to Erasure. Well, Wendy, Mike, Don and I got up and danced. I enjoyed myself so much, I kept track of their play list. I share it with you:
  • Sunday Girl
  • Blue Savannah
  • Drama!
  • I Could Fall In Love with You
  • Chains of Love
  • Love to Hate You
  • Sucker for Love
  • A little Respect
  • Sometimes
  • Oh L'amour
Then Cyndi showed up. Did you know that she has an amazing voice. I mean, amazing. She can belt out a tune like few others. Her version of Money Changes Everything really rocked the house. Then she got acoustic towards the end and that highlighted her voice. Time after time with just her voice and the dulcimer.
Cyndi's set list (as I remember it...please help fill in the few I've missed)
  • (insert Cyndi's songs)
  • When You were Mind
  • She Bop
  • I Drove All Night
  • Money Changes Everything
  • Time After Time (acoustic)
  • Girls Just Want to Have Fun (just the short version)
  • Take a Chance on Me
  • True Colors (Acoustic)
The version of True Colors was inspiring. We were holding hands, swaying back and forth. Have you listened to the lyrics lately. So don't be afraid!

I did take some pictures of the event. I'm experiencing a slow learning curve on including the flickr photos correctly to the blog. I'll see what I can do about that. Of course, it was with my phone and the quality is a bit off.

Now go....don't be afraid to show your true colors!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

man, if cindy hadn't been whacked with the ugly stick, I'd have gone out with her. ...well, that and I'm like 15 years too young for her.

Anonymous said...

Rosie O'Donnell has a blog http://www.rosie.com/blog/2007/06/08/ross-n-me/
she's apart of that tour and there are some video blogs of her and cyndi. this was a link sent for a specific video blog, but you can look around and find it.
glad you had fun and yes they do. muhuhahahahahaha...*runaway*....

xoxo