Friday, August 21, 2009

Vacation Yarn: Lorna's Laces Swirl DK


Lorna's Laces Swirl DK
Originally uploaded by knittingbrow
Lorna's Laces Swirl DK
85% Merino Wool 15% Silk
approx. 150 yards
5 1/2 sts=1" on size #5 needles
Purchased from Lake Tahoe Yarn Company. 
Color 208 "Edgewater" in dyelot 9309. This yarn is being discontinued. If you like it and can find it, grab it up!
 
I got some more vacation yarn!
This is a thrilling yarn for me to find. The "swirl" adds a exciting visual texture to this very soft yarn. The colors go from a brown to dark blue to light blue into green back to brown  I bought 2 skeins which will be plenty for socks.
1 skein would make a pair of fingerless gloves. I'm not sure what I'll make. I considered buying all 6 skeins but opted for the more affordable option of 2 skeins.

I visited Lake Tahoe Yarn Company in Truckee, CA. The shop was small and part of another shop. I took photos of the shop and will post those when I have access to my computer. 

I purchased two skeins of her dyed yarn. details to follow.....  

No comments: