Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Tracking Time

I've discovered the importance of knowing where my time goes. You ever wonder about that? Many things like TV or conversations that have gone too long, and internet searching really suck up my time. At the end of the day, have I gotten anything of value completed? Not usually. It is the quandrant IV stuff from 7 Habits..., not urgent and not important. sigh
I know a few people who have to use time tracking software at work. Are you one? Does it work? I don't have such software at work. I'm fortunate to be working with some people who have created an Access Database which tracks time for them as it relates to specific projects on the Tactical Plan. For me, this will be a good learning experience. It is the set up time which I find a little frightening.
What is the core concern with my time? Is it the lack of completion? Who was I talking to about the need to actually complete projects? Or am I always interested in the next "shiny object"?
Thought I would share.
on a side note...I shared my blog address with my friend Beth and she asked me "Who is your intended audience?" You know, I hadn't given it much thought. That is very important thing to realize, because it directs how I use this. I'll wonder about that for a few days.

No comments: