Friday, December 4, 2009

Pink Calorimetry


Pink Calorimetry
Originally uploaded by knittingbrow
This is my completed Calorimetry. It is knit from using Malabrigo wortsted weight yarn and size 7 needles. I modified the pattern to CO only 96 sts rather thn the recommended 120. I think it will fit the recipient well. One more version of this is included on my holiday knitting list.

I rather enjoyed this project. It took me 2 hours and 12 minutes to knit. I think the purple button works nicely with the pink yarn. The button fits snuggly through the button holes.

I heard about Jeny's super stetchy bind-off from the Fall 2009 Knitty.com. I uses the bind-offfor this project. I am a huge fan of this way of bindingg off. I think it is a great compliment to the German Twisted Cast-on. Click on the photo and you'll go to my flickr page. There are two shots of the edge of the project. Can you see a difference?

My gift knitting has some quick deadlines coming. I have another project due in Sat and a hat she on Sunday. I am knitting on the Maine Morning Knits for the KAL for our knitting group.

I'm feeling some great motivation to get some projects done! I'll videoblog about the projects this weekend.

No comments: