Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tunes on Tuesday

Did I mention that I got to see the Cowboy Junkies, live and in person a couple of weeks ago?

I did. My friend (and obsessed fan for Margo Timmons) NW got knitSB and me really great seats. The venue was the perfect one for their bluesy sounds.

I first heard the Cowboy Junkies when I picked up The Trinity Sessions based on a review I read. The album's feel was quite mysterious to me. The history from the website about the album just intrigued me.

The song list:
01. Mining For Gold
02. Misguided Angel
03. Blue Moon Revisited (Song For Elvis)
04. I Don't Get It
05. I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
06. To Love Is To Bury
07. 200 More Miles
08. Dreaming My Dreams With You
09. Working On A Building
10. Sweet Jane
11. Postcard Blues
12. Walking After Midnight

I'm particularly fond of track 2. Not to mention track 7. oh...yeah and track 12. The marriage of the music and words with Margo's voice sound rather melancholy and sounded perfect for my 3:00 a.m. art work creating sessions back in college.

Twenty years later, the Cowboy Junkies decided to release Trinity Revisited. Quite nice, overall. I was a bit surprised to have Natalie join in.

What albums were you listening to at 3:00 a.m. back in college while you were working hard on projects? Really. Please post a comment and let us know!

1 comment:

Cat Herself said...

On those nights when I was actually awake at 3 am, I was usually trying to be quiet so as not to disturb others in the dorm. If I happened to have music on, it was probably just as likely to be Mozart or Saint Seans as it was show tunes for whatever show I was in at the time, or maybe the local Christian Rock station. Usually, though, it was just me, moaning in agony and maybe humming tunelessly.

Now, if you're asking what music I remember from my dorm days . . . umm . . . that would be Micheal Jackson's BAD album, and I also listened to the Pointer Sisters, and Cars. You know. Back in the day.

At this very moment, since I'm alone in the house and can rock out, I'm listening to Launchcast, Nellie McKay at the moment.