Monday, January 2, 2012

Recap Thanksmas 2011

My family celebrates Thanksgiving and Christmas on the Saturday following Thanksgiving.(2010, 2009 blogposts) It works well and reduces stress because everyone is rested and not rushing between obligatory visit. I've blogged about it before. I rather enjoy the event. For those interested, we draw names for a gift exchange. This year I had my brother Steve and I knit him another pair of socks. I used Ella Rae superwash in navy. I finished these during the Annual Boy's Fishing Trip. Here's a photo of them after he opened them. Thanksmas Gift Socks I find the beer in the top right corner humorous.

My sister Terri had my name in the exchange. She got me a copy of The Knitter's Handy Book of Socks by Clara Parkes. I'm really happy about this gift. Knitter's Book of Socks This book is filled with great information and a nice range of patterns from a variety of designers. I'm looking forward to reading the book and knitting a few of the patterns.

2 comments:

katafi said...

Ooooh The Knitters Book of Socks! Great book!

Robin said...

Thankmas - love it!!