Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Vintage Wool (baby) Hats

I'm really enjoying the Annual Boy's Fishing trip for 2009. I've been knitting up a storm. I finished the test knit socks and will post about those soon. I got permission from Laura to share information about the "beta sock knitting" that I was doing.

These two hats were knit using Berroco's Vintage Wool. I was really pleased with the way the yarn knitted up. I avoid knitting with any yarn that has too much acrylic in it and this yarn has 50% acrylic, 40% wool and 10% nylon. The yarn felt very sock and wholesome in the hank. It is a four ply yarn and I didn't have any trouble with splitting. The price point on this is really, really good at $6 a skein from the Knitters Mercantile booth at Knitters Connection 2009. The yardage is 217 yards. I've still got lots of yarn left over! Vintage Wool will win over Encore.

I got two skeins that were "expectant mother approved," Color 5185 (Tide Pool) and 5175 (Fennel). Tide Pool is a much darker, jewel-toned teal than I see on Berroco's website. I rather like the two colors together.



Now, this other expectant mother that I know with the initials MM....I'm pointing at you Michelle! Do you think these colors would be a cute hat for Mr. Baby? And do you like this hat style?

No comments: