Friday, April 29, 2011

What do you call this?

What do you call this?
Originally uploaded by knittingbrow
When my iPhone is powering off or "thinking" about loading a page I see this image on the screen. It rotates clockwise. Rather the lightest spike moves quickly clockwise while the spikes behind it fade slowly.

I wonder what this is called. What do you call it?


Anonymous said...


Kay in New Mexico said...

It is a "thingy." Everything that you can't think of the name of, or the name just doesn't seem right, is a thingy. There you go.

Gerry said...

Its a homa doodie!

knittingbrow said...

It is called a "progress indicator" as mentioned Mac OS X Developer Library as part of the Apple Human Interface Guidelines.