Monday, June 27, 2011

Healing the Heel

Healing the Heel by knittingbrow
Healing the Heel, a photo by knittingbrow on Flickr.

Well crap. I cast on a pair of socks for knitSB and was measuring my progress periodically by having him try on the sock. It seemed to be going well untiI had him try the socks on.

Oh, did I forget to tell you I finished the socks on Friday night? He was trying on the socks before I ran in the ends.

Look at that heel! it is at least a half inch too long. The only way I knew how to fix the length is to rip back past the gusset increases so I could start the gussets earlier. I did this. and was able to turn the heel on one sock in about 3 hours. That includes the progress on both socks :)

I made at alteration to the pattern and added some short rows on the (non-existant) heel flap. This will help the sock to fit properly.

Pictures of the finished project soon.

Please note: these are knit using WendyKnits.net sport weight toe-up sock pattern. I'm using Creatively Dyed Yarns Calypso. I like the result.

No comments: