Saturday, June 4, 2011

2011 Great Lakes Fiber Show Review

I had a good time attending the 2011 Great Lakes Fiber Show with Yarmando & Darlamour.

I picked up three skeins of Creatively Dyed yarn.
Creatively Dyed
I picked up three skeins of Creatively Dyed yarn at the 2011 Great Lakes Fiber Show

On the left we have Woodbrook in colorway Toco. A 100% superwash merinao 250 yards (gauge 4-5 sts per inch on a 7-9)
Center we have Valencia in colorway Ramsay. A 100% extra fine superwash merinao 250 yards (gauge 4-5 sts per inch on a 7-9)
On the right we have Woodbrook in colorway Julian. A 100% superwash merinao 250 yards (gauge 4-5 sts per inch on a 7-9)

I wanted to find worsted weight superwash so I could knit socks.  I cast-on with the Valencia on a size 6 and I don't think it's a true worsted weight.  I'm going to have to go to a size 3 to get a firm enough gauge for socks. I'm waiting to knit these until I finish another pair of socks.

I love this picture of Yarmando as he shopped Ohio Valley Natural Fibers booth. 
Yarmando shops Ohio Valley Natural Fibers
He picked up a sweater's worth of yarn.

The best line of the visit came from darlamour. "What's with the kkk sheep?"  I think the picture explains it all.
What's with the K(cubed) Sheep?

I picked up an ecolution hemp bag TRT1: The Rainforest which is the perfect size for a pair of socks.

I had a good time and appreciated being driven up and enjoying the lemon shake-up. 

Next time I'll show you my basket.  You know you want to see my basket. It's okay.  You wouldn't be the first person to ask to see it. 

1 comment:

Pam said...

OK, now you know I want to see your basket!

So, I watched Suezee's vlogs, and loved the idea, so I started making my own vlogs. Then I went looking for other knitting vlogs and found yours (which I loved). Knitting vlogs are hard to find because knitters keep starting them and then losing interest. hint, hint, hint. lol

I love the Woodbrook in colorway Julian on the right. I love that color!