Sunday, November 20, 2011

La Cage Aux Folles

A couple of Saturdays ago, I went to Cleveland with Songferret, StageManagerChrissy and knitBS to see the touring company of La Cage aux Folles

It was a delightful show and we had great seats thanks to our theater social calendar coordinator, Songferret. The actor playing Albin, (Christopher Seiber) was full of joy on stage and really brought the house down during the act 1 finale, "I am what I am."

George Hamilton seems tired as he played Albin's partner, Georges. He didn't look comfortable in the role. He was certainly tan. :)

Albin belted out his songs with full gusto, bringing me along for the ride. If you have an opportunity to see the show, I recommend it. It is different than the movie The Birdcage so don't expect the exact storyline. Expect a story of a family who loves one another as another family is starting their life together.

I brought sock knitting with me and snapped this photo. It's the best I could get without a flash and after trying to photoshop it on my iPhone.





No comments: