Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Rose

A Rose by knittingbrow
A Rose, a photo by knittingbrow on Flickr.

This rose sticker from the lapel on the lapel of my jacket has special meaning. On Wednesday, I had the honor of being a pall bearer at my BFF's mother's funeral. He asked me if I would help the family.

I said "Yes" without hesitation.

The funeral was small and heart-felt, just as I expected. I was happy Songferret took us up our offer to drive him the to his hometown. Lady Julie, PhotoSteve & I were able to attend the services.

My BFF, Songferret, has a lot of people who care about him. He knows this from the comments left on his Facebook wall when he announced his mother passed away. He knows this from the people who called during calling hours. He knows this from the comments on the virtual guest book on the funeral home website.

I want him to remember that people love him. Thank you for asking me to help. I love you.

No comments: