Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Tunes on Tuesday

I've always heard that the music you are listening to between the ages of 16 and 25 is the music you'll listen to for most of your life. I have not searched through books to prove this is true or not, but it does apply to me. Does it apply to you?

One of the songs I recall listening to when I was in high school was I Ran (So Far Away) by A Flock of Seagulls. The song came out in 1982. It was the synth pop that was just was my young(ish) ears needed. It was unlike the other music that was around at the time. My family did not have MTV, so I only saw the video a few times visiting friends. The video is here for your viewing pleasure.



There. That takes me back. And I like still like the music today. In fact, the entire album A Flock of Seagulls has quite a few tracks I enjoy. It takes me back to when I didn't worry about paying bills, when I was going to eat my next meal, or what I wanted to be "when I grew up." (What's a bit scary is Mike Score's hair on his myspace profile.)

Of course, the '80's are a great era for covers like this one from Bowling for Soup.


I've been knitting on my EPS sweater for the class at the LYS while listening to the album again. I just completed the toes for SPiT's socks for the sock exchange. I think I've decided on the yarn and some of the colors. It's the pattern that is giving me a bit of a challenge. You don't mind color do you SPiT?

5 comments:

micah said...

dude, I jsut scored Caka Khan AND Eddie Grant on LP! Good stuff man!

Anonymous said...

Wow, now I feel old lol..Loved the song when it came out and still do.Oh and his hair AAAAAAAAAAAA Big hair lol
kisses and hugs

Betty said...

The music rule applies to me in a limited way. I like the music from that time, but only in small doses. I buy it for sentimental reasons and then I don't listen to it very much. It could be because we are talking the 70's here....:)

NextVanGogh said...

yet another reason your my new music BFF.... LOVE the Flock!! :)

WonderMike said...

I adore AFOS!!! Long live the 80s...