Thursday, February 3, 2011

Another Man


Another Man
Originally uploaded by knittingbrow
I spent the night with another man. Gasp! That's right, Drew Emborsky, The Crochet Dude, and I enjoyed a quiet evening together.

Okay, Drew wasn't here with me in the room but his book "The Crochet Dude's Designs for Guys" was with me. I've been on the lookout for crocheted vest patterns. There are three in this book, two of which I would crochet. I got frustrated because many of the patterns are classified for experienced skill level. Sad me. I'm new to crochet.

I am working the Autowipen rag, size small. I'm using an unknown cotton yarn with a size E hook. The yarn is a worsted weight and the hook a bit small to help me get a tight gauge so it holds up after use. The pattern is rather nice and creates a textured fabric, perfect for a dishcloth.

This interesting thing called crochet is enjoyable. I must pay attention when I crochet so I listened to podcasts. A rather enjoyable evening and I'm pleased with the results.

Truth be told, I have met Drew about 4 years ago at Knitters Mercantile when he stopped by. I treated him just like any other customer who comes in, like a guest in my home that I got to show amazing yarn. He's cuter in person than his photo. His smile in person is quite charming. :)

Thanks for the nice evening, Drew. I think DH will enjoy the small rag.

1 comment:

Mlle said...

Nice! I have been eying this book as well, but am also new to crochet. I can make a mean granny square, but so far that's about it. Perhaps some proper, difficult patterns will inspire you to learn more, faster? That's how knitting worked for me.

Goodness knows we could use more men's patterns. Do you think the resulting garments are wearable for your average joe? A lot of the knitting patterns for men that I see, none of the guys in my life would ever wear.