Friday, March 9, 2007

Favorite Socks

Favorite Socks: 25 Timeless Designs from Interweave arrived today! I am very impressed. Out of the 25 socks included in the book, I would knit no less than 20 of them! I would include a few of the lace ones too!

I'm a big fan of knitting socks for their portability, immediate gratification and reduced expense. It's easier to pay $20 for a skein of good yarn and get a pair of socks that are the envy of your friends and neighbors than trying to cough up $200 for enough yarn for a sweater. I've done both and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Almost all of the socks are knit top down. I sometimes worry about running out of yarn when completing the socks top down. I manage and am learning to cope with just buying one skein instead of panicking. There is one pattern that can be knit toe-up or top down. How fun is that?

I'm not casting on for the month of March. I'm getting stuff off the needles!

3 comments:

fisherdv78 said...

No casting on for the month of march? This I have to see! :) Maybe you can get that very long list of stuff out of the house :)

Cat Herself said...

I have finished 3 projects in the last 3 days! I have 3 more still on the needles.

aija said...

Good to hear you like that book! I keep thinking about ordering it... (I have a lot of back issues of interweave, so I'm stalling :))