Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Monsoon S0cks that R0ck


That's right! I got my first shipment of StR. This is my first year joining. I got a binder, pattern, planning sheet and a nice note from creators. That's 5.5 oz. or 380 yards of superwash merino wool.

The colorway is called Monsoon and has nice green and grays. See? The pattern is called "inside out" and is a toe up sock pattern. I'm concerned that I won't have enough yarn to complete a pair of these cabled socks but have confidence that I can turn the heel and then start the other sock and then knit from both sides of the skein. Of course, I could do this from the beginning and then not worry about it, right?

I'll just need to read the pattern closely before I begin.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting color...I know yu like green.

Anonymous said...

That's Right! Good to see you posting man! And knitting. What's that little hank in the split ring?

Guido said...

That sock yarn is sooo... hot...

:) Thanks for filling out the survey

Anonymous said...

Great to see another guy doing STR! You're the fourth I know of. I haven't started mine yet.