I posted just a bit of this. This is why I knit:
I began to knit because I enjoyed talking and spending time with my friend who taught me to knit. I commented how meditative it was watching her as we talked about the next color yarn she was using.
- I knit because I thrive on color. I enjoy the tactile mixing of colors in a project created by my own hands. I am an artist. Instead of my art hanging on a wall, it moves through the town, being noticed by keen eyes that see beauty all around them.
- I knit because it is beautiful to knit.
- I knit because I am part of a community.
- I knit because my creation balances the destruction that goes on around the world.
- I knit because people need to be warm.
- I knit because I am grateful.