Saturday, March 8, 2008

Creative Friday

I might have not been totally forthcoming with where I'm spending my non-work time. I'm "Prop Master" for the Columbus Children's Theater production of The Magician's Nephew. Most of the props are set and I've been able to help do some set dressing. I'm making ivy curtains, bushes and flower steps that will be part of the Narnia set. I took Friday off so I could have uninterrupted time to work on these pieces. I've been able to work at the "studio" space for set designs. It's a large warehouse where they do set creation for all their shows and store props, etc.

I had a really wonderful day working. I've forgotten how much I enjoy the creative process. When I was in school, I would spend hours lost in the creative zone, so much that I lost track of time. This happened again on Friday. Moving around, accessing the right supply to put into the work, listening to music really brought back my desire to find this creative space more often.

Of course, the snow moved in to town. I was able to drive with only a few problems to get to the studio. Songferret kept me in the know about the weather advisory and knitSB was in a two hour trip home from work for a trip that should have taken less then 20 minutes. I worked until about 11:00 p.m. and loaded the car up to take everything to the theater on Saturday.

I stopped for ice cream on the way home, just because. I got the call at 8:30 that the LYS was closed today because of weather. Good choice.

No comments: