Monday, August 24, 2009

Lofty Lou's in Placeville, CA

Lofty Lou's

Each trip I take to Tahoe Lake gives me an opportunity to visit Lofty Lou's in Placerville, CA. Lofty Lou's is a cute LYS stocked with yarns and fibers for spinning. I visit for Lou's handspun yarn. I purchased three skeins this visit.

Lou's has a nice selection of yarns for an LYS, a nice selection of books on knitting, crochet, spinning and weaving. Staff have always been nice when I've visited and willing to help other knitters that come in. 

Lou's handspun is being used in a current WIP that's been stalled because I don't know how I'm going to do v-neck. The WIP is a pullover vest. 

I have an appreciation for handspun yarns and really like knitting with it whenever I can. I'm willing to pay for the yarn because of the skill and artistry that goes into its creation. You would think that I would learn to spin. I'm ok not spinning now and glad to support those wonderful spinners out there. 

I'll post some pictures of the yarn soon. 

No comments: