Sunday, July 25, 2010

Lace Error Alert!

While knitting on the Flower Basket Shawl, I've discovered a few errors that I consistently make.



Can you see the problem in this photo?
YO in lace problem This is the YO on my purl back row. The YO before a decrease on the right side row can wrap around the decrease when working the wrong side rows, in this case, I'm purling back. By paying attention to my knitting, I've been able to notice the problem quickly and can fix it. When I miss this, I end up an st short on the right side rows because I purled the YO with the st before (really making an unnecessary decrease). It is an easy thing to correct simply by paying attention to the knitting and using a finger to release the YO and working the sts correctly.
Here's the photo with the correction.
YO in lace fixed
This is the YO on my purl back row after it has been separated from the decrease. It is an easy thing to correct simply by paying attention to the knitting and using a finger to release the YO.

A funny thing happened that I share on the knitrific blog.  Go watch and comment :)

No comments: