Saturday, July 24, 2010

Purple Earth Socks


Purple Earth Socks
Originally uploaded by knittingbrow
Knit using the Evil Sock Genius Pattern (Alpha version) in Claudia Hand Painted Yarns Fingering Merino in the color "Purple Earth." I did magic loop on a size 2.5mm Addi Turbo 40" circular needle.

I started these over 4 years ago and had one sock finished and the second sock was completed to the heel. Once yarmando told me what was next on the pattern, it only took me a day to complete the final sock. These were knit toe-up and I'm pleased with the fit.

I always worry about my bind-off being too tight on toe-up socks. On the second sock, I used the knit 2, *place 2 sts back on left needle, and knit those two sts through the back loop, knit one (repeat from*) I liked it so much that I redid the bind-off on the first sock (which was a bit tight).

Next for my sock knitting: "The Last Supper Socks." Details to follow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

keep up the great work. songferret