2. Some of those family members are my friends.
3. I have wonderful friends who enrich my life in many ways.
4. I grew up in Dayton Ohio.
5. I was raised Catholic but left the faith in 1987.
6. I went to parochial school 1st through 6th grade. It was an excellent education I'm grateful for receiving.
7. I was an alter boy until I was a senior in high school.
8. In high school, I was a lector at church. Many of the older parishioners didnt like someone so young doing the readings. I was good at it.
9. I believe in reincarnation.
10. I am a color-holic. I enjoy bright colors in combinations that are unexpected, visually and emotionally exciting.
11. My favorite piece of clothing is a magenta sweatshirt Ive had since before college. It has paint on it and is falling apart in all the right places. My Mom bought it for me in 1985.
12. I graduated Summa Cum Laude in 1989 from Columbus College of Art and Design with a Bachelors in Fine Arts.
13. I had artwork in galleries for a year but nothing sold.
14. Diet Pepsi is my beverage of choice and I'm learning to drink more water.
15. I enjoy iced coffee with two sweeteners and half and half.
16. I knit.
17. I knit continental.
18. My friend Maggie taught me to knit in March of 2002.
19. I acquired an enormous amount of yarn in three years. I have 37 bins of yarn.
20. 2005 is a year of stash depletion. I've decided not to purchase any yarn in 2005 unless it is needed to complete a project for which I already have yarn.
21. I have acquired many knitting books in 2005. I exchanged one addiction for another.
22. I met Meg Swansen in 2004. She is the daughter of Elizabeth Zimmerman, founder of
23. School House Press This is not the Meg that taught me to cook exceptional soups.
24. I currently have 4 projects on the needles.
25. The first sweater I knit was Easy Mohair Pullover in a variegated aqua mohair yarn from a pattern found in Two Sticks and a String by Kerry Ferguson that I still have to finish by sewing it together.
26. My favorite yarn is Noro Kureyon. It feels great in my hands when using a wooden needle. The self-striping is a nice feature.
27. I like knitting socks with double pointed needles. I find it easy and enjoyable.
28. I have a favorite pillow that I grew up with and have had it for as long as I can remember. It is a feather pillow that is losing feathers as you read this. It goes well with my other 6 pillows.
29. I have 7 alarms to wake me up in the morning.
30. I am most productive at night. I think it is because of the lack of distractions that present themselves.
31. My favorite time to sleep is 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. I sleep especially well in bright sunlight.
32. I have multiple blankets on my bed. I sleep better with weighty blankets.
33. I like to sleep a lot. Friends tease me about needing a nap master for my exercise.
34. I dream in color and have extra-ordinary dreams.
35. I think dreams are valuable experiences. If I paid attention to them more, I would have more skills available to me as I go through life.
36. I had a manicure once, in Chicago. No polish. I'm not sure I would do it again.
37. My current favorite alcoholic beverage is a wine cooler I make with red wine and diet 7 up and lots of ice. I like the tastes of the hard stuff like rum and diet (with double lime) or vodka straight out of the freezer...but that has been awhile since Ive had any.
38. I've never sun-bathed nude.
39. My favorite pieces of artwork hanging in my house are three still lives (2 in the kitchen and 1 in the dining room). They are paintings I did in college.
40. I trust my gut reactions.
41. I dressed in drag a few times for costume parties. Ive never performed drag.
42. I think it is appropriate to re-gift a gift when the person says 'if you don't like this, please re-gift' (I say this) and when I don't like the item and know someone who would.
43. My favorite numbers are 9, 12 OR 75
44. I believe in ghosts. I'm not sure they believe in me.
45. I've never been to a psychic. I do tarot card readings and have received many readings.
46. I use the Robin Wood Tarot deck. Jeff, Trixie and I melded three separate decks together after we put energy into them for a full moon cycle. Each of us has a deck containing cards from all three of our decks. These cards mean a great deal to me, not just because they are divination tools.
47. I worked as a janitor in high school in the printing shop where my father worked. Men's restrooms are a lot dirtier than women's.
48. I currently have
49. On my bedside table can be found a porn magazine, knitting, and note paper.
50. Given the choice between the past and the present, I would choose the present. It is what I create it to be.
51. I saw the movie What the Bleep Do We Know and found it did an exceptional job of explaining some basic truths Ive experienced.
52. I am immediately attracted to older, distinguished, tall and slender men. I blame that on Jeremy Irons in Brideshead Revisited. I'm looking for this type of man who finds me attractive and has much to offer in a relationship with me.
53. I've never done drugs.
54. I like music a lot.
55. Annie Lennox is probably my favorite singer.
56. I currently have 6007 songs on my iTunes. That's 18.2 days or 27.15 GB of music.
57. My favorite albums are (in no particular order) Savage by Eurythmics, The Final Cut by Pink Floyd, Jesus Christ Superstar , and Like a Prayer Madonna,
58. My shoe size is 42 European or 9 1/2 American
59. I own about 15 pairs of Birkenstocks. I'm afraid to count them. I figure, If my feet are happy, everyone else is happy.
60. I apply shaving lotion with a brush.
61. My ring finger is longer than my index finger on both hands.
62. I've never had sex outside
63. Laughter is one of my favorite sounds.
64. Another of my favorite sounds is wind moving leaves in trees.
65. I like the sound of a wood-burning fireplace.
66. I enjoy ironing clothes. I use heavy starch when I iron.
67. My your favorite electronic gadget is my iPod
68. I do not yell at other drivers while I drive. Well, most of the time.
69. My biggest fault is putting people over getting things done
70. I prefer showers to baths.
71. I've been told I snore.
72. My greatest fear is not loving myself and feeling connection to the God.
73. I don't recycle.
74. My father died in 2003 after being a 12-year cancer survivor. I was with him when he died. It was the most wonderful experience being with Dad as he prepared to translate.
75. I currently have 2 cats and 2 dogs
76. I posed nude while in college on two separate occasions. I have the watercolors of one of those sittings. Imagine my surprise when I saw a painting of me at a restaurant when I arrived for dinner. The painting was 8 feet tall!
77. The one accomplishment that I am most proud of is learning to read. I grew up watching lots and lots of TV. I still work at increasing my comprehension and speed.
78. I dont think that all's fair in love and war. War is the absence of love. Everything is a choice. And we must accept responsibility for those choices.
79. I'm still learning the lesson of accepting full responsibility.
80. Listening is a special talent I have to help people recognize God in themselves.
81. I drive a Saturn Vue.
82. I have two tattoos. One is very extensive and the other is just starting.
83. I am not ticklish anywhere.
84. I am a single, gay man.
85. I don't think it's funny for one guy, to send another guy flowers. Hell, I get myself flowers because I'm worth it.
86. I'm "out" but not in everyone's face about it. That's pushy and I don't like anyone to push his or her views on me.
87. I was in a 14-year relationship that ended in 2001.
88. I never cheated on him.
89. If I were in a relationship, I would consider cyber-sex as cheating.
90. My ex-companion died in 2004 of an aortic aneurism. I found him dead in his apartment about three days after he died. It was the most horrible experience I had to go through.
91. I have wonderful friends who support my grieving over the loss of Robert.
92. I'm beginning to take the time and remember the good times we had together as I go through stuff in my house. Im thinking of putting together a piece of artwork as an ode to Robert.
93. I like my pizza light on the sauce with extra cheese and whatever else.
94. My favorite pizza is extra cheese, pineapple and Canadian bacon. Yum.
95. I began coloring my hair when I was 15 but recently stopped because my nature hair color looks great on me. Imagine that! gray and all!
96. I don't have a favorite holiday.
97. My favorite holiday story is A Christmas Carol. by Charles Dickens. I'll watch any version of the story. Some of them will even make me cry (because of the story, not the acting)
98. David Sedaris's Holidays on Ice makes me laugh outloud! I listen to it every December and sometimes during the summer when I need a good laugh.
99. My family is so large we rent a hall to celebrate Christmas.
100. I like snow and cold weather. Mostly because I get to layer my clothes.
101. The simple things in life are better when shared with friends.
102. Spending time outside in my yard is more meaningful this year than last. I don't know why.
103. I like daylilies a great deal.
104. When my mom moved out of the house where I grew up, I took some of the plants and put them in my garden.
105. I don't have a land line. I only have a cellular phone.