Tuesday, July 3, 2007

HFeet Jo Handoff


HFeet Jo Handoff
Originally uploaded by knittingbrow
A week ago, I got a call from Trix asking me "why aren't you here?" She was visiting my sister and her husband and was spending the night. Well, Trix was there, my sister and her husband were there, my other sister and her two kids and another two nieces. That's a long winded way of saying that an impromptu family gathering was happening without me and knitSB.

So, a slight change of plans for the weekend and we were able to drive the two hours to spend the night at Jo's. A fun time was had by all and lots of laughter happened. I mean lots. We were up until 3:00 a.m.!

I cast on some quick knits socks Friday as songferret, knitSB and I went to comfest to fulfill my obligation to go for the first time. I can knit and walk around hippies while there is still light, right? Yes.

I had the cuff done when I showed up at Jo's on Saturday afternoon about 2. I continued to knit these while chatting. We got on the topic of christmas and that paula wants me to knit her socks for christmas. I have no details of who I will have for christmas. (there are a lot of kids in my family so we pick names). I thought it would be fun to knit socks for Jo who was going to see Paula the following weekend and taunt her with the socks.

Well, I completed the first one just after dinner and cast on the second. I got them done and handed them off to Jo. Can you tell how thrilled she is? I like that smile!

Anyhow, these are knit using size 10 dpns and lambs pride bulky in a variety of colors. It is a simple, basic pattern from a former LYS used during my "learn to knit socks" class. I've altered the pattern using a twisted rib ribbing stitch throughout. I did the star toe to finish.

You can go to my flickr to see some additional photos of the sock and the sock hand-off.

This pair of socks is my fifth pair of these in about a month. I like these because of the quick nature and my comfort with the pattern. I almost don't need to pattern. I'll add a few pictures of the other colorful socks later this week.

No comments: