Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Bedroom by Van Gogh


The Bedroom by Van Gogh
Originally uploaded by knittingbrow
I got to see one of my favorite paintings of all time on Monday at the Art Institute of Chicago. Van Gogh's "The Bedroom" has always made my heart flutter. The composition of the simple bedroom, painted with such colors emotes a variety of emotions from me. I would almost bet that the actual colors of the room were not this vibrant or layered. The paint is put in the canvas with a purpose and define the shapes just enough to leave room for the viewer to "fill in" whatever is missing.
I think the painting is beautiful and I got to see it in person

1 comment:

Cat Herself said...

I love that museum. I have spent hours there, and would gladly spend many more. What took you to Chi-town?