Monday, November 16, 2009

FO!

I've been working on some knitted gifts for the great ladies that work at the coffee cart where I work. My barista knitted items have been pure pleasure to knit.

The second item is the Topi hat from the Spring 2006 Knitty. It was a quick knit and only needed to be frogged once when I realized the size was gigantic and too large. My modifications include using two yarns and striping the hat. If I were to do it again, I would change to two rounds in each color rather than the one. I wasn't able to single stripe the brim to keep the same striping pattern.

Topi 2
Topi3

My Ravelry details are here.

I like this hat a lot more than I thought I would. I like it so much that I cast-on a version for me using Cascade 220.
I don't have a completed picture of the Barista Colonnade Shawl but I'll remind you of the progress with this picture.
Colonnade progress 1
It is the Colonnade by Stephen West from the fall 2009 knitty.

No comments: