Monday, May 10, 2010

3 skid compost bins


3 skid compost bins
Originally uploaded by knittingbrow
While visiting the M's this weekend, she needed help on how to make compost bins out of skids. I remember seeing that information in The Tightwad Gazette and made one for my house about 12 years ago. This one will work so much better. They are out in the open and the compost will be moved to the next bin as it needs turned.

It worked out well once I set it up. Te only problem I experienced was trying to drill the skids together. Some of the wood is very hard. I was able to get enough pieces attached to each other that I used zip ties to secure the ready to the fence.

My own composting bins are black garbage cans with holes drilled into them. I'll start being serious about composting this year as
I work on keeping the yard weeded. Honestly, it would get done if we has a gardener. We don't. *sigh*

No comments: