Saturday, May 8, 2010

Memorial Thoughts

I had the honor of attending a memorial service for David Atwater Goldthwait, M.D. on Saturday. I was there to support the M's who worked for "Goldie" and his wife Prillfor the last 7 years in various capacities. Goldie was a charming man who hasan adventuresome spirit about him. The stories today confirmed this.

One story the M's told me was when they were clearing out their residence to move into the assisted living part of the Judson House. Goldie was a scientist. A really good scientist who did some important things in the field of microbiology. Don't ask me what those things are but they have something to do with understanding cancer.

The M's were helping him go through his clothes and they came across his lab coat. They also came across his tuxedo. M's asked him what should be donated and what should be kept. He said to donate the lab coat. "Keep the tuxedo because you just never know." **insert eye twinkle here**. He has a big grin on his face telling the M's this. I really want to have this attitude when I'm his age.

On a more personal note...my memorial service announcement will include the statement "knitting is expected."

No comments: