Thursday, May 13, 2010

Were the World Mine

I had a really good day on Wednesday.
I had a nice chat with a great co-worker after we provided some training. Thanks Kim! She likes to read the end of books to make sure there is a happy ending. This reminded me of my reaction as I watched the movie Were the World Mine.  Have you seen it?  Here's the trailer.


The story is based on A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare. I enjoyed the movie. It kept me engaged and interested without leaving me to wander off in thoughts or my knitting.  At the end of the movie, I kept saying "give me the ending I want, give me the ending I want, give me the ending I want."  And I got the ending I wanted.  It was nice to watch a movie with a gay them that doesn't end with someone killing themselves, spending years in therapy because of self hatred or a great amount of hurt/sorrow.

I don't expect this movie to change your world. It didn't change mine. It gave me another movie to add to my list of "I need a lift" films.  I'm always looking for those types of films with gay characters or story lines.

I got about 3 inches knit on a baby hat. It's a simple K2P2 rib hat out of denim cotton.

No comments: