Thursday, September 9, 2010

Morning Glories

Late in the spring, knitSB and I decided to plant some wild flowers in a garden area in the yard. He selected three colors of morning glories that we were adding to the chain link fence. I thought this was a great idea. The morning glories would climb up and cover the fence. The image this brought to my mind was wonderful. We bought 8 packets of seeds and planted them. They got watered occasionally. June and July passed without having any blooms on these plants. The end of August brought a few blooms. Finally, in September, we finally have more blooms.
Morning Glories

I think we planted too many seeds and the leaves are overwhelming the blooms. I paused the morning I snapped this photo. The colors mingle beautifully in my vision. I like the twist of the vines around themselves.