Saturday, July 9, 2011

I Make Cheesecake

Hi, my name is knittingbrow and I make cheesecake.

I enjoy making cheesecake a lot but don't enjoy eating it. I find this strange. The process of baking one is very enjoyable. It also helps that many people like the cheesecakes I make filling my desire to make people happy.

It is much easier to make cheesecakes now that I have a Kitchen Aid mixer. I can whip up the cheesecake in about 20 minutes rather than the 45 it took with a handheld mixer. This doesn't include the baking time.

This is a picture of the cheesecake I made for Friday to celebrate my colleague T's birthday.



I've not been successful in baking cheesecakes that don't crack. It might be that I mix them too much. Do you know how to get a cheesecake not to crack?

Add a bit of fresh raspberries as a topping and we have a happy birthday celebration. Here's the action shot.



She's happy about the cheesecake. I'm happy with the result.

Do you want the recipe?

2 comments:

cindy said...

After you bake the cheesecake for the time allotted, turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven with the oven door cracked open for about an hour.

This can sometimes prevent the cracks.

Cake looks wonderful with or without the cracks.

Calvin said...

A Bain Marie when baking can help a cheesecake not to crack.