Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Second Forethought Heel Turned

Yesterday I was able to complete the second forethought heel on the Blue Waves and Piers Socks.



I'm pleased with the side view of the heel.
It's the head on view of the heel that annoys me. Can you see why?



I knew something wasn't quite right when I was kitchenering the heel. I actually paused and looked carefully at that stitch and knew it was weird. I couldn't tell if I went in P-wise when it should have been K-wise or vice-a-versa. I went on, scared I was going to drop stitches and such.

sigh

I've come to terms with that stitch being wonky.

Lesson learned: my gut instinct is pretty good. I should trust it more often.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job! I did my first afterthought heel this spring and I made one bigger than the other. As for the technique, I'm still not sure I like it all that much but I may give it another try.
I hope you had a wonderful Fourth of July weekend.
Take care!

Pam said...

I just learned how to do a regular heel, and I was wondering if the afterthought heel would be easier, but I'm guessing not.