Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Knit on in times of....


I was under a great deal of stress Sunday as I traveled to visit my Mom in the hospital. I packed my current knitting project, the Nutkin socks as well as the repair job I posted about yesterday. Before I left, I wound up two skeins of Claudia Handpaints Chunky Weight wool so I could knit on something fast and not brain taxing.

I cast-on both socks Sunday. See how far I've gone in a short amount of time?


I'm pleased with how quickly these are knitting up. I'm using Brittany US size 6 DPNs. I cast-on 8 STD on a size 3 needle because I think the toe-up cast-on is far too loose when I use DPNs.

I'll be doing the Sweet Tomato Heel by Cat Bordhi. I've opted to do 2X2 rib in the instep for a bit of variety.

I must say I'm glad I took a few minutes to get this yarn ready so I could knit with it. It was very pleasing to have this type of knitting to keep my hands busy and my focus on the here and now with Mom.

Tests are still being run so an informed decision can be made. Thank you for your kind thoughts and words.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Thoughts & prayers are with you & your Mom. I took care of my Mom for 10 yrs. off & on. Knitting helped to the both of sane.