Thursday, October 27, 2011

Lavender Shawl



A friend of mine has recently been diagnosed with cancer and I'm knitting her a shawl.
It's based on the Boneyard Shawl (rav link) by Stephen West but I'll be adding a fishnet lace as one of the last sections.

She wanted lavender. Here are the color options I gave her:

photo
She has very good taste and selected #3 (going from the left). It's cashmere.

This is the first cast-on attempt. I was not happy so I pulled it out.
photo

Here's the progress by Sunday's second show at the theatre.  I made good progress.
photo

I don't think I'll get it finished by Friday. I don't want to shorten the shawl simply because I'm out of time. I know I'll have it finished by Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gerald I was so happy to see your video in my Google reader! How is your mom doing?
That shawl is going to be so beautiful but holy moly you got a lot done in such a short amount of time. It would take me weeks to get that far! lol I can't wait to see it when you are done.