Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What is seven letters...

I've been playing Words with Friends on my smartphone recently and enjoy putting letters together to make up words I didn't even know I knew. It is extra exciting if I can use all seven tiles. I just started a game and got seven letters to place on the board making a word. I like to use all the tiles and get the reward of feeling smart.

When I saw the letters O F R S E E A, I thought I recognized a word related to knitting. sure enough, and it was seven letters. With (too much) glee, I played the word.


Apparently, faroese is not an appropriate word for a game involving putting tiles on a board and earning the most points. To prove it, the game tells me so.



You hear the tone of voice in this pop-up message, don't you?

Sigh. It's a proper noun describing someone from the Faerose Islands.

Are you playing Words with Friends? I'm knittingbrow. Who are you?

3 comments:

cindy said...

Can you stand it! WWF needs to get with the knitting world. I'm cmd59 on Words with Friends if you'd like to play another game.

Cat Herself said...

I have trouble with words, too. Sometimes it rejects perfectly reasonable words like TWOSTIQ and JAPOZITA. Aren't they lovely?

Anonymous said...

I love words with friends and love your blog! I'm a novice knitter, working on a shawl for my mom. Anyway, dkedge on WWF if you ever wanna play!

Daniel