Sunday, October 9, 2011

Mending Takes Time

I went to visit my Mom in the hospital today. The news is not good and waiting can be a pain but I have knitting to keep me occupied. I didn't drive so I used the time to repair a sweater that knitSB picked up at a thrift store for me. It's a perfectly fine J Crew sweater except the hole on the right sleeve forearm. It looks like the sweater was damaged when the box was cut open. See?



I needed something to take my mind off the reason for my traveling and opted to repair this hole. Mending takes time and I wanted (needed) to get this finished. I have some lace-weight light great alpaca I wanted to use. I was simply going to create a basket weave structure to prevent further stitches from unraveling.



It's not a perfect job beyond securing the garment and it pleases me. I was relieved there was something to take my mind off the reason for the trip.

I took another project to cast-on, toe-up socks out of Claudia's Handpainted Yarns worsted weight yarn (in the color: shark) on US size 6 DPNS. They are very fast and knitting up to a nice fabric. Pictures tomorrow.

Now, if I could just find a toe-up sock pattern with a great heel that I can knit without thinking too much.

1 comment:

read2akid said...

I hadn't heard about your mom, Gerald. I'm sorry the news wasn't good. :(