Friday, August 17, 2007

Chevron Scarf


Chevron Scarf
Originally uploaded by knittingbrow
Well, this is what I've been knitting for about 4 weeks. It is the Chevron Knitted Scarf from Joelle Hoverson's "Last-Minute Knitted Gifts." A quaint pattern and quite easy to knit.

This is for my MIL. Made using Silky Wool that knit SB and I dyed. The yarn feels good and looks great too! I used size 5 needles. The rhythm of the pattern was enjoyable. Switching colors every two rows made it easy to keep track of where I was in the pattern repeat.

I'm starting another scarf using Jitterbug. It is my own pattern variation on the feather and fan. I will be teaching a class on it at my LYS.

knitSB, Songferret and I went to see San Francisco at the CAPA Summer Movie Series. Songferret described it as one of the first disaster films ever made. it was pretty incredible. You should go to your local library and borrow it now. I thought knitSB was really interested in seeing the movie. However, what he meant was that he wanted to go to San Francisco. Made me laugh and I appreciated seeing it.

Current knitting is the new scarf.

No comments: