Sunday, July 20, 2008

Shawl for #1

My summer knitting has changed focus to knitting a shawl for a good friend recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Her favorite color is purple! I have some Malabrigo Lace yarn in "Purple Mystery." She decided on the Stóra Dimun Shawl from Folk Shawls by Cheryl Oberle. I want to complete a gauge swatch for this because I'm using a laceweight yarn instead of the sportweight called for in the pattern.

I feel that knitting this shawl for #1 and sharing this with you will create wonderful healing energy. My goal is that she'll be able to wear this during her chemo treatments and keep her warm and surrounded by love. I hope you'll be willing to share with me.

Expect a few more video posts for the progress.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a sweet,caring friend.it is an honor to know you.I think it is so nice what you are doing for your friend.
Michelle

Cat Herself said...

That shawl is going to be AMAZINGLY healing. Good for you! What should I do for her?

Ooh - the lighting on this vid was much better - the brightness helps a lot.