Monday, August 23, 2010

Slip-Stitch Cable Socks

I showed you yesterday what was in my knitting bag.
I wanted to shared with you my new socks, the Slip-Stitch Cable Socks from the Little Box of Socks.



The needles I purchased from the internet store
The yarn is Jazz Handpaints from Twisted Sisters.

I need your help! What are your favorite sock patterns?
I'm going to be creating my own sock club and need suggestions for patterns knit using a variety of yarn weights.


gosh, I kind rambled in this vlog.

4 comments:

mearl said...

I want to share my current favorite sock pattern, Show-off Stranded Socks by Anne Campbell. It's free on Ravelry, very simple to make, and looks special. I'm sure it can easily be adapted to be manly and sport-weight. (I substituted a slip-stich heel flap.) Can't wait to see what you decide to knit in your self-imposed sock club. Please keep up the wonderful videos!

knittingbrow said...

Thanks. The Show-off Stranded Sock is a nice pattern. I've added it to my favorites. I'm currently searching for sock patterns that could work nicely for my self-imposed sock club. Tagging them on ravelry with "sockclub" helps a lot.

Unknown said...

That's a great idea with the bread tag thing. I loop up my tail yarn so it's 2 or 3 strands thick and then tie it in a loose knot.

Nancy McCarroll said...

That book (Little Box of Socks) is on my shelf; going to get it down and try yet again on another pair. This time I'll use your choice, and will use a size 3 needle like you did. Good video.