Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Waves and Piers Socks


Waves and Piers Socks
Originally uploaded by knittingbrow
Waves & Piers socks from the Little Box of Socks using Regia design line Kaffe Fassett. I am disappointed in the fit of this "forethought" heel. The heel sticks out at the edge and there isn't enough transition between the st pattern and the heel so there is a bit of sagging of the leg. I dropped down two needle sizes to create a sturdier heel I think I should have just the entire sock on the size zero needles for an overall better, sturdier fabric. By the end of the day, the leg of the socks slide down to my ankles a bit. Not too badly but I noticed at the end of the day.

I love the design of these socks and how enjoyable they were to knit. I had some struggle with determining the proper length before starting the toe decreases. I ripped back the first toes about two rows past where I started them the first round and dropped down to a zero needle. That helped a lot. I also noticed it was difficult for me to start the garter top pattern. It was only a 10 rows or so, but with 5 needles, I found it a bit rough to handle the 5 needles used to knit the sock. These are my 3rd or 4th pair of socks knit using 5 needles. I an getting used to it.

Yes, I am planning on knitting another pair of socks using this pattern. I enjoy the visual interest of the stripping and the overall lace pattern. (Can I call this a lace pattern?). I would drop down to a size 0 US needle.

Click on the photo to go to my flickr pages for two other shots of these socks.

No comments: