Thursday, August 19, 2010

wildflowers shawl


wildflowers shawl
Originally uploaded by knittingbrow
I'm working on a shawl as a donation to a silent auction. I'm making a simple shawl using this Classic Elite Wildflowers yarn that I bought on my first trip to San Francisco.

The yarn is mohair, cotton and rayon. It's a beautiful color with some interesting texture. However, the rayon ribbon stretches and is difficult to knit evenly. Actually, it's huge pain in the butt to knit. This is why I haven't been able to knit a complete project out of the yarn.

I'm making a simple shawl on size 15mm needles. I am thinking of adding a waves edging but haven't decided how I'm going to finish it. I hope to finish to on Friday so it will make it to the auction.

Question for you: Should I just make a simple garter shawl in the typical triangle and let the yarn make the difference...or should I put an edge on it?

No comments: